Saturday, November 28, 2009

Changing Lifestyle

There has been a sudden change to the weather which has forced us to seek out alternatives to the cold shower. Pictured below is our water heating, ready to be tansferred to a bucket and mixed with some cold water for a home made hot 'shower'.
We have also had to add blankets to our bed.
And since discovering this on our curtain, and not being able to catch it, we tend to keep the mosquito net down during the day.
At times we also alter our outfit slightly for warmth.
I am pretty sure the lunghi doesn't add warmth... but once discovered, doesn't seem to be parted with easily!
We are also very excited with some recent kitchen modifications.
Check out what was once our 'squat' sink!!!! Our life becomes more luxurious by the minute!

1 comment:

  1. Eww.. spiders.

    One of the best parts about Riyadh I've noticed so far is the complete absence of bugs.. in fact the only creatures I've seen are cats, ants and a bird every now and then.

    I have to admit your setup makes my feel guilty about complaining about mine. Tho my main frustration right now is that I can't go anywhere, not even for a walk.

    Anyway, enjoying your updates and pictures. Eid Mubarak to you in Bangladesh!

    ReplyDelete